Sunday, July 15, 2007

Visitors

It's so great to have the space to have people over. I know we're not the only people who ever lived in a little house, but I was never a good housekeeper, so whatever space we had was always cluttered (now there's a euphemism). Taking so long to sell our house seemed like such a hardship at the time, but I did learn how to keep it pretty clean during the process. I also have some other benefits here. We actually have room to put stuff away, and enough room to have people spend the night. We also have places for people to actually sit down once they arrive. That's always a nice thing, I think. We have a table to eat at here. What a concept. Much better than TV trays and a bar, with HAM radios in the kitchen.

So we will have company this week - if you can call family company - and we're really looking forward to that. We've pretty much finished all the stuff that has to be done so that we can relax and enjoy them when they get here, and we've even discovered a new place to take them for a quick drive and a short hike around a beautiful diamond of a lake - maybe 20 minutes from here. It's smaller than our lake, and really different, at a higher elevation and a completely different setting with different types of trees. Maybe we'll do some geocaching if we have time. For an explanation of that, go to http://www.geocaching.com/

Morning seems to come early, and the clock is just singing eleven at me, so I'll sing the tune (to myself) from The Sound of Music and say Goodnight, Goodnight, Goodnight.

No comments: