Thursday, July 12, 2007

A good day

Isn't it amazing how you feel at the end of a good day? My sister put it well when she claimed that I live under a gray cloud with a lucky star overhead. I failed a mammogram test, had ultrasound today and found there's no problem. I got a lot done around the house, and congratulated myself on not having been worried about what might conceivably been a problem. We sat outside periodically, enjoying the view and thinking about some family who will be coming for most of next week, and how grateful I am that they can take the time to come. We've also been planning our month long road trip that will follow shortly after that. We have so much to be thankful for, and days like today seem to underline that very nicely.

"Isn't life beautiful?
Isn't life gay?
Well, isn't life the perfect thing
To pass the time away?"
~ From the song of the same name by the Smothers Brothers

No comments: