Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I love it when a plan comes together


It's not even 9:30 and the car is all loaded except for the cooler. That electric cooler was one of the best things we ever bought for our road trips. No more ice. No more spoiled food. And we (I use the term very loosely) can cart it into our room and plug it into the wall socket there, too. AC/DC... technology at work.

For those of you wondering - and there are at least three that I should have called and didn't, my neurology appointment went very well today. I don't have to have the brain exam again for six months. A score of 12 is passing, and I got 18-23 on all tests. The blood workup to make sure my dosage on the seizure meds are correct will be in within the week, and he took my cell phone number and will call if there's a critical change, but doesn't expect any, as there have been no further seizures and the migraines are all but gone. Great news indeed. So we'll go on our trip tomorrow with no known shadows hanging over our heads.

Just so we could see what we were leaving behind, we were treated to a spectacular thunderstorm this afternoon, and it crashed and rolled while I packed. Rain slashed down, giving my yard a good soaking. I will miss those afternoon storms, especially since they usually only last about an hour or less, and they really sound so fierce, but we'll be seeing some really great stuff where we're going too, and this will be here waiting for us when we return.

More from the road.

No comments: