Sunday, April 5, 2009

It's Good to be Mama

When I got up this morning, just knowing that our son Tighe was in the house filled me with energy and joy. What a great day this has been. I seem to have morphed into Mama mode. I want to take him everywhere, show him everything. I'm really pleased that he's seen so many deer and elk, and seems so fascinated with the area. 

There's so much to see here. First, I think we need to go to Rocky Mountain National Park and Estes Park. Naturally, we'll have to spend some time walking through Benson Sculpture Park. He's seen it from the road, but the snow was coming down pretty hard, and it's a lot of walking to do it right. We'll want to do it right. We'll need to show him Pinewood Lake, too. 

Baseball season is almost upon us. He's never been to Coors Stadium, or seen a Rockies Game live. We'll have to do that. Let's see. There's the Lone Tree Museum, Celestial Seasonings Tour. And then, of course, he has to be shown where the buffalo herds are, closer to the Wyoming border. As long as we're heading in that direction, it only makes sense to visit Cheyenne. Their historic tour is great.

I think I'll just keep him for awhile... as long as we don't discuss politics.

1 comment:

sherrie said...

Aaahhh! I'm sure you will all have a great time! Be sure to post pics for us low elevationers.

Sherrie