Saturday, April 4, 2009

Honey, I'm Home!

Actually, we're all home. John is glad not to be driving me back and forth to the conference anymore. It wasn't really a problem, except that the snow got surprisingly deep. It was such a mild Winter. Then suddenly I started praying for snow, and my prayers were answered in triplicate. Hallelujah! My conference is over now, and Tighe arrived safely, too.

I loved the conference until just before the final workshop when I got the panic-laced voicemail on my cell phone from Tighe. He was spinning circles in the snow and ice in his car, fighting to make it to our house. He had no cell phone, so I couldn't call him back. The phone lines were out at our house, so he couldn't talk to John. It was scary, just sitting there in the workshop, waiting to hear if he had managed to arrive safely. Tighe had not only forgotten that I warned him about the storm. He didn't remember my mentioning the conference. Also, When Tighe arrived at the house, John didn't think to call me from the car phone. The two of them thought it would be fun to surprise me.

When John picked me up, Tighe was with him in the car. So when I say, "Honey, I'm home," I mean all of us, and it feels great. This is Tighe's first visit here, and now that we're all home and safe, we can just kick back and enjoy it. As Robert Browning once said, "God's in His heaven, all's right with the world."

No comments: