Wednesday, March 11, 2009

On Karma, Hope, and a Cookie Recipe

I made cookies tonight to take into the Apple Store with me tomorrow morning. It's to thank them for all their help in getting the iPod problem resolved. I'm cautiously optimistic, even excited perhaps, that I'll be getting my little audio friend back by the time we come home tomorrow.

I made our family's favorite cookies, too. Mama's pecan rolled Rich Sugar Cookies. They have to be the most addictive little things I've ever eaten—very short life expectancy. So does this mean I believe in Karma? Good cookies come out of my home and a good iPod will come back into it? Maybe I should plead the 5th on that one. The jury is still out. Part of me believes in Karma. All of me believes in it part of the time. That's probably more accurate.

I don't think any of us get what we deserve all the time. I know I don't. I'm sure glad of that. Imagine if we always got what we deserved? I don't think any of us would be amused. Tomorrow, though, I'll bring the cookies. I don't really believe they'll help fix the iPod, but it's the thought that counts. Actually, in cookies, it's the taste, so here's the recipe. Mama wouldn't mind. She's always happy to share.

Mama's Rich Sugar Cookie

Cream:
1/2 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Margarine
2 Eggs
1 Cup Oil
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Cup White Sugar

Mix together and add in small batches to creamed mixture:
4 Cups Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Cream of Tartar
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Vanilla

Chill thoroughly (several hours or overnight), well sealed.

Roll walnut-sized balls of cookie dough in finely chopped pecans.
Press with fork or fingers on cookie sheet.
Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes.

No comments: