Monday, March 23, 2009

My New Writing Group

Tomorrow morning I get to meet some of the people who belong to my new writer's group. The group is called the Northern Colorado Writers, and they have a studio in Fort Collins, roughly forty minutes from our home. I'm going to one of their morning meetings tomorrow, and I'll be getting some information and getting to know some of the writer members. The best is yet to come.

On April 3rd and 4th, I'll be attending their annual writer's conference. That's great, since I believe we'll still be in Holland when the Rocky Mountain Fiction Writer's conference is held in September, so it looks like I'll be missing that one. This one is much closer to home, as well, and I can commute, which makes the cost much less. Actually, the cost is lower anyway. Northern Colorado Writers also sponsors critique groups and workshops, available in their studio. 

Since I'm deeply involved with editing my manuscript, I'm thrilled to have this new support group so close to home. Having my new laptop computer to work with will sure make a difference when it comes to traveling back and forth to workshops and conferences, too. That's right—I'm still counting my blessings.

No comments: