Thursday, June 25, 2009

News That Makes Me Tired

I seriously considered posting this with just the title. There's a sarcastic little voice inside myself that's saying things like, "Wow, it's a good thing nothing else happened in the world today besides Michael Jackson dying, because according to the news, that's all that's going on."

A comment on Facebook proclaimed how sad it was that "God could take such a great man." (What?) Brother...

I'm going to make this short and to the point. God will know what to do with each of us as we cross that line. I'm not sure what He'll do with me, so who am I to judge another? I'll admit to being human and finding it very hard to keep from jumping to conclusions. Whether he was saint or sinner, I wouldn't have taken a chance on putting any little boys I loved around him. Like most people, he probably had much good keeping company with his shortcomings.

I loved some of his music. He could certainly dance at one time. The theatrics I could live without. But face it—he wasn't Princess Diana or John F. Kennedy. I don't believe an entire day of news coverage was warranted.

No comments: