Sunday, August 16, 2009

Is it Day 2 Already?

Since we landed yesterday, I guess this really must be Day 2, but it feels like something either more or less than that. Since I got up at 2 a.m. the morning we were going to leave, I slept on the plane better than John did, so I wasn't bothered as much by jet lag. I was hoping it would work out that way. I got an hour nap after lunch, then stayed up until nearly midnight. Today I'm probaby as normal as I ever get.

Yesterday was wonderful. Ashley was so full of questions and information. She's the girl with the news, that's for sure. I can't remember how a 2 1/2 year old is supposed to interface with adults, but I doubt there are many who do it as well. (I know, I'm sounding just like a proud grandma...) Kate's first birthday was grand, and I took some marvelous photos, but they're still in the camera. Bummer. I miss my laptop. I could have downloaded to that quickly, but now I have to figure out how to go directly to a portable drive, working from a PC, and that means asking for (nasty word here) HELP. Meanwhile, I suggest you check out Ben's blog, since he got his photos up last night.

Half an hour until midnight now, the girls are all tucked up tight in their beds. Ashley said she loves us. Kate just grins and laughs a lot. We've already eaten several things they don't sell in the States that are going to be difficult to leave behind. Not as difficult as the kids, though.

It's time to sleep so I can enjoy another wonderful day tomorrow. Blessed be the ties that bind.

No comments: