Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Political Test

Email is a marvelous thing. My spam filter makes sure I generally only see those items that I've indicated come from personally approved sources. Tonight one slipped through, and I actually opened it. The title intrigued me.

It was a political poll, and after I completed the 51 test questions, I found out that the answers were scored by one of the major polling agencies. You'll recognize the group, probably the most famous, although I won't give them free advertising. 

It didn't take as long as I thought it might to answer the questions. They were pretty clear cut, covering everything from the economy to abortion, and my opinions on drilling. The final screen that flashes up simply states that I had disagreed with Obama's positions on X out of 51 answers, and that they hoped the test would help me to make an intelligent decision on election day. It also goes into detail on the national polling statistics for the questions, which I found fascinating.

I was pleased to note that there was no hard sell. Nobody tried to tell me why my answers were dumb. It was obvious the site wasn't in favor of Obama, since there was an ad for "The Audacity of Deceit" on the 'click here' page. They didn't take it any further than that, though, so I'll pass along the test for those of you who know your own mind and want to confirm your choices, as well as those of you who know how you feel but not how it lines up with his platform. If I find one for McCain, I'll put that one on as well. I'd be interested to see my percentage of agreement there. (It cant be worse than zero, can it?)

To take the test, click here.

No comments: