Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Asparagus with Gorgonzola Sauce

I wanted to share one of my favorite recipes with everyone. It's the way I prepare asparagus here at home as often as I can. It's great with or without the sauce, which I always serve on the side. I love the sauce, but a little goes a long way, as it's very rich. Since I can't get my friends to visit as quickly as I'd like, so I can cook for them all, instead I share some of my recipes occasionally. I'm hoping this will tempt them to visit—as if our gorgeous scenery wouldn't be enough...


Asparagus with Gorgonzola Sauce


TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min.

Ingredients for two servings:

  • 1/2 pound fresh asparagus spears
  • 1 Shallot
  • 1 Clove Garlic
  • Olive Oil
  • 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 3 tablespoons evaporated milk, half-and-half, or cream
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola

Directions:

In a small sauté pan, sauté chopped shallots and stir fry asparagus until crisp-tender, adding crushed garlic during last two minutes.


Meanwhile, in another saucepan, whisk cream cheese, milk and salt over low heat until smooth. Stir in gorgonzola cheese and heat through.


Remove asparagus from pan and top with sauce or serve on the side.

1 comment:

sherrie said...

Are you talking to ME?!? Among others, of course. I really do want to come, you know. See you soon.