Thursday, January 31, 2008

Irony is no fun

Irony is definitely not fun. I guess, realistically, that would depend on which side of the joke you happen to be located. After days of finally tackling boxes in the garage left over from our move here (yes, I know we've been here a year and a half), we had several surprises. We found the base of my food processor. That was very good. We found clothes that are now too big for me. That also was very good. We found lots of good things. We filled many trash cans, and many boxes for Good Will. Then, at the bottom of one of the final boxes, I found a book called "Cut The Clutter and Stow the Stuff."

Laugh if you must. It's an unread 372 page hard back volume subtitled "The Q.U.I.C.K. Way to Bring Lasting Order to Household Chaos." Brother. The house was fine. If only I could have ignored the garage a little longer.

1 comment:

sherrie said...

You have a gifted way with words. Great story.

Sherrie