Sunday, May 9, 2010

International Mother's Day

Oh, this is going to be short—

We woke up this fine Mother's Day in Venice, Italy. It was 4:00 a.m. What a wonderful morning it was for a race across a couple of canal bridges pulling suitcases to the bus stop. Now actually, I pulled a little one while Ben and John did most of the work and Ruth managed the girls. I did a little shepherding, but not much. At quarter to five, which is when we left the Hotel, little ones prefer their mamas.

We took the bus to the airport, and flew back to Amsterdam for the final two days of our incredible trip. I'm just overwhelmed at how wonderful every single day has been. We've loved the places we've seen, and traveling with these special family members made each place more special.

I promised myself I'd never be the kind of grandmother who boasted that her grandchildren were the nicest, the cutest, or the smartest. I've just spent nearly three weeks with them. I'm not boasting. I can't help how they turned out. The credit goes to their fine parents.

You'll get a real blog by Wednesday night, with photos… They'll come in stages, of course, or you'd never watch a slide show with 2000 photos on it!

1 comment:

Sharon and Marvin said...

Look forward to Wednesday and so happy you and John had such a marvelous time.