Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Home Again, The First Day

I'll go into detail later, but right now I only have the energy to deal with today. It seems like we got almost nothing done, but I know that's not true. We returned many phone calls and emails. We went to the post office to mail a couple of packages and pick up our mail.

The worst part about picking up three weeks worth of mail is that you have to sort it out when you get home. I actually did that right away. It didn't take much more than an hour. There are some checks to write, but that can wait for tomorrow.

We did some of the marketing—enough to eat for a couple of days, anyway. I wasn't up to a marathon shopping session after the long plane trip yesterday. We were pretty much a food-free zone when we got home, though, so the trip to the store was a necessity. We put gas in the car as long as we were out, and then headed home for some major unpacking. (No, it's not done yet. Neither is the laundry.)

Tonight I had an evening physical therapy session, so we went out to dinner on our way. It made for a very early dinner, but gave John the opportunity of going straight to bed when we got home. I'm jealous, but I know that if I go to bed at 8:30, I'll be awake again by about 3 a.m. Such is life.

My goals for tomorrow include downloading the camera and selecting photos for the first slide show; one load of laundry; one nap; finish unpacking; get the other packages ready to mail... oops. I think I've already over-goaled myself. Maybe that should be for the next two days. Well, we'll see what we shall see.

At least I have all this lovely snow to look at. I get enough Summer in its own season. I'm enjoying Winter's last fling. I thought we had missed it while abroad.

No comments: