Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My (American) Idol Opinion

If you wait long enough, I'll probably give you my opinion about everything. Tonight American Idol went to Hollywood. We heard such quotes as "I don't care about them," which is what one contestant was saying about the others; and "Hollywood is a disgusting town." Well, that would have been Ellen DeGeneres, the new judge. She sounded like she knew what she was talking about.

Overall I thought the show was fast paced and had less of the annoying people who show up on what I consider the pre-season shows. I for one was glad not to have the cloying Paula gushing all over the singers. I'm emotionally allergic to saccharin. There were only five voices tonight that I'd like to hear more of—enough to spend a few bucks on a recording, at least.

From the male voices, I'd pay for a song or two from Andrew Garcia and Casey James. I also liked Justin Williams' voice, but they sent him home. That was a surprise to me. They also kept people I didn't like, though. From the girls I'd buy a song or two from Katie Stevens and Lilly Scott. I might buy a whole record from Lilly Scott. She was a real surprise.

If you don't watch Idol and wonder why I do, sorry. I'm downloading audio books and watching television. There are worse things I could be watching. But then, of course, I wouldn't be able to blog about it.

2 comments:

Luana Krause said...

Hi, Pam: I also liked Andrew Garcia...I predict he'll go far. For the women, Crystal Bowersox is my favorite (the single mom that plays guitar and harmonica). It's fun having Ellen as a judge. She's amazing.

Luana Krause said...

OOPS! Kathleen. So sorry..