Saturday, February 9, 2008

Almost on the News

Do you ever read the crawlers on the bottom of the screen during the news? I find them very annoying, yet like watching a snake I sometimes find my eyes drawn to them against my will. This morning as I was watching a taped broadcast of last night's O'Reilly Factor, which I hadn't been able to see last night since we were out, I happened to see a really sobering message across the bottom. It's one of those things that make you want to laugh and cry at the same time.

Vladimir Putin [President of the Russian Federation since the end of 1999] has warned that "A new arms race is underway." He further stated, "It's not our fault because we didn't start it." 

That's like kindergarden children with nuclear weapons. I sure hope we're all praying about this kind of lunacy.

No comments: